Department: Food Services/Cafeteria
Reports to: Business Office Manager and to the President
Hartland College is looking for competent Seventh-day Adventists who have a passion to help train young men and women to be professional missionaries; who will dedicate themselves to promoting the highest customer service and Christian principles.
The Food Services Manager is responsible for planning, managing, monitoring, supervising, and participating in the provisioning, operation, and functions of a food service facility (cafeteria) for students, staff, and visitors, serving breakfast, lunch, and supper with additional ala carte sales.
- Plan, coordinate, assign, oversee, and participate in the preparation, cooking, and serving of food, preparing and maintaining necessary records and files.
- Identify problems and suggest changes in methods and procedures.
- Open kitchen, set up equipment, and prepare cafeteria for serving.
- Train personnel in operational procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates the food service menu and budget with the vice-president of administration/finance and/or business office manager and the vice-president of student affairs and operates the department within budget.
- Maintain consistency in food preparation and service to students and school employees.
- Prepare equipment for food preparation and monitor refrigeration equipment.
- Order cafeteria supplies and prepare food orders as needed.
- Prioritize ordering and utilizing produce from our Hartland Farm
- Prepare foods; prepare USDA inventory and production records.
- Prepare work details for the next day; secure the kitchen for the next day and when not in use.
- Implement a work education program that is competency-based for college students who are assigned to the Food Services department. (Check with the work education coordinator)
- Organize monthly and weekly schedules, organize work shifts, and assign personnel (students) in consultation with the work-education coordinator.
- Ensure that personnel have proper support, training, and supervision, as needed.
- Supervise cleaning and sanitizing of eating utensils, counters, and equipment.